Premium Quality Haitian Lalo from the valley of Artibonite. Prep Instructions:
1) Clean the meat with the juice of half a lime
2) Season with black pepper, garlic powder, rosemary, thyme, parsley, and chicken bouillon cubes, and squeeze the other half of the lime juice over the meat. Drizzle with oil. Marinate for 2 hours.
3) Transfer the meat to a saucepan over high heat.
4) Add 2 quarts of water. Continue to cook over medium-high heat until tender and the water has evaporated. Set aside the meat.
5) Using the same saucepan, add one can of tomato paste. Stir in onions and bell peppers. Saute over high heat.
6) Reduce heat to medium-high, add in 6 cups of water, the Lalo, and chopped spinach. Stir in rosemary, thyme, and parsley. Let cook for 20 – 30 mins. Taste and adjust to add more seasonings as needed. Combine the cooked meat with the vegetables.
7) Serve with white rice. Enjoy!!